3 Jan 2006
It’s resolution time again, and this year I’m keeping it simple. Just a few direct, attainable goals to make life better for yours truly in the coming months. In 2006, I resolve to:
* Eat less. Not that I’m a pig or anything, but I have been consuming more than my fair share in recent weeks. This one goes hand in hand with ‘Walk more’. I’ve lost the weight before without much effort, and I’ll do it again.
* Write more. I enjoy it, so why don’t I do it more often? That’s a question I need to answer this year. Writing this is a start, at least.
* Read more. You should see the tower of books behind me. They’re leering at me, taunting me… No more! This year I will read the feckers. I’ll read the shit out of them. Then they’ll be sorry.
* Work hard. This is the big one. It’s time to put my degree to good use. I have a craft to refine and skills to use and develop. I am marketable, and I am great at what I do and put my mind to. This year I will have a job I can be proud of, and which will finally enable me to…
* Move out! I’ve been home long enough, it’s about time I had my own place, to make my own home. Even if it is just a bedsit. Moving out of the country will help, too. Watch out London, here I come.
* Travel wider. So many places to see, so many new things to experience. If I strike even one off my personal list, I will consider myself fulfilled for the year.
* Take more photos. I bring my camera everywhere, but I rarely take it out. This reticence simply has to stop. This year I will be snap happy.
* Spend more time with Bee. This one’s a given. A proper job means more income which means more trips to Africa which means more time with Benitha much more often. More more more, that’s my motto.
* Enjoy myself. Not as easy as you might think. But I will do my damnedest not to lose any day of this year to unpleasentness. Carpe annum!