Rather than leave them to languish in my ‘Blogfodder’ folder in perpetuity, here’s some links to recipes I fancy giving a go some day. Nearly all are from the Guardian, and most are by Yotam Ottolenghi, but I’m sure you won’t hold that against me. Here goes:
- ‘Irish’ stew / Purists can fuck off, ’cause most of what passes for Irish stew is overboiled muck. I like this take on it.
- Tagliolini with walnuts and lemon; Gigli with chickpeas and za’atar / Pasta dishes with Middle Eastern flavours? Put it in my belly.
- Vegetable dishes to feed a crowd / Grilled squash and smoked beetroot sound pretty good to me.
- Potato and butter pie / I’m not normally one for mushroom gravy, but this recipe calls for dried, like porcini, so I’m all for it.
- Crushed puy lentils with tahini and cumin / Like hummus but with lentils, apparently. See also: The 10 best lentil recipes.
- Brussels sprout risotto / I love sprouts. I love risotto. Need I say more?
- Jerusalem artichoke and kale gratin / Nobody eats jerusalem artichokes. Why is that? They’re delicious!
- The 10 best sweet potato recipes / Note to self: eat more sweet potato
- Spicy venison stew with guacamole; Lamb siniyah / Two stew variations where the seasoning makes all the difference.
- Salsa macha / More of a dip or a seasoning than a dish in itself, but still. Also, need to find the required chillies (maybe online?)
- Lamb koftas with pomegranate jam and tahini / We already use pomegranate molasses in so many dishes, it’s no big jump to using the actual fruit
- The 10 best dumpling recipes / Dumplings are a pain in the hole to make, especially gyoza: gluey fingers and cornflour fucking everywhere. But they are so worth it for the finished product. See also: Guardian readers’ dumping recipe swap.
- Leek and potato risotto; Lemony leeks with chickpeas and feta / You’ll have to scroll down a bit to find these.
- The 10 best chickpea recipes / More than just falafel! That chocolate torte? I’m drooling already.
- How to make dhal / Split red lentils are so cheap, it’s silly we’ve never made them the star of a curry before in this house.
- Guardian readers’ curry recipes / Any dish with pumpkin and curry is a winner in my book.
- Hog in the limelight: Yotam Ottolenghi’s pork recipes / Three good ones; the first, with steamed aubergine, sounds especially lovely.
- The 10 best beetroot recipes / Beetroot pasta? Don’t mind if I do!
And here’s a few more, this time non-savoury:
- Bicerin / Not a recipe per se, but espresso, drinking chocolate and milk? Why is this not a thing already?
- Cherry stollen with pistachio marzipan / Ruby Tandoh came up with a fruit-based bake I’d actually like to try.
- Honey treacle tart / Looks a bit like the butter tart that Bee made a while ago, and that was amazing.
- How to bake with rice / The Belgian rice tart looks a treat.
That’s all for now, but there will be more where these came from; I just found another folder with a shitload of links that’ll keep me busy for quite a while.