Better late than never. http://fridayfive.org/
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not?
I’m a sales assistant at a large music store on Grafton St. I’m working there primarily to save money for graduate school in the near future. It’s not a career for me – although I guess I could make it one if I wanted to, but I don’t. This point in my life is not the time for me to worry about where I am at this point in my life. I’m still getting there.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be?
Running my own record label slash publishing mini-empire. It’s something I want to start, just as a hobby, to see if it’s for me. But I’d need to build up some capital first.
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices?
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family?
Not yet. Jeez, I’m only 22.
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?
Is any job really easy? Most – if not all – of them are hard for somebody. It really depends on what one likes or is good as, but even then you’re still putting effort into it, and ‘effort’ doesn’t go well with ‘easy’.
In my opinion, the question should be ‘what is the coolest job/suckiest job in the world?’ (For me the suckiest is working the concession stand at the multiplex cinema. The coolest? See #2.)